Airport Program Manager, Emergency Management
City of Atlanta
This position expires on 3/27/2023
Under general direction of the Hartsfield – Jackson Atlanta International Airport (HJAIA) Emergency Management Program Administrator, the Airport Programs Manager (Emergency Management) will be responsible for the development, coordination, creation and implementation of emergency disaster plans, policies, and procedures; plan, coordinate, develop and promote emergency service policies, operations, plans, and processes related to exercise design and execution; coordinate and support the activities of emergency management planners; assist in the development and implementation of emergency and disaster exercise plans; review and evaluate plans, policies, and procedures; provide consultation and guidance for changes or improvements; research and analyze best practices in the field of disaster and emergency planning; assess and analyze opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for the implementation of improvements; assist in developing and implementing airport-wide disaster and emergency planning policies and procedures; prepare important technical records, plans, and reports to document processes and provide information; coordinate and present Emergency Operations Center training; respond to airport disasters and emergencies, including working in the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) during activations; coordinate services at large events to ensure efficient and effective management of the Airport’s response at planned events; will supervise the work of emergency management planners, lead working groups, and/or coordinate the work of staff on specific projects or programs; and perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assists the Emergency Management Program Administrator with developing, administering, and directing the Airport’s comprehensive, all hazards emergency management program.
- Supports the Emergency Management Program Administrator with the oversight of administrative and operational functions of the Emergency Management division.
- Develops and facilitates training programs and organizes drills to prepare staff for how to respond to major emergencies and disasters.
- Conducts periodic hazard/risk analysis to assist in updating and distributing the emergency response plan.
- Creates and manages airport emergency response, continuity, and other plans that define how the Airport mitigates against, prepares for, responds to, and recovers from all-hazards.
- Maintains disaster equipment and supplies and ensures that all disaster resources are easily accessible and available for rapid deployment following a disaster.
- Acts as liaison to local fire and police personnel and other external parties likely to have either a response or support role following a disaster.
- Provides oversight airport emergency management programs.
- Develops comprehensive planning approaches, recommendations, and implementation for a coordinated Airport-wide emergency management program.
Coordinates and monitors local emergency management programs for compliance with accepted Emergency Management Accreditation Program (EMAP) standards.
Please see complete job description online.
Minimum Qualifications – Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Management, Homeland Security, or related field required.
- Emergency response experience within an Emergency Operations Center (EOC) environment is required
- The following classes are required: IS100, IS200, IS700, IS 800, ICS300, and ICS400. Add HSEEP within 2 years of employment
Preferred Education & Experience
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) credential from the International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM) is preferred.
How to Apply: