Director - Security Operations - US & Canada
USA Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.Location:
Manage, oversee and direct an enterprise-wide corporate security program within the OTC business to ensure consistency (in security processes and standards) across the business and in coordination with Novartis Corporate Security (CS). Provide assistance to the business with regard to the development of internal processes and policies that will assist in safeguarding the business’ employees, assets and reputation.
This position will be responsible for overseeing and managing the supply chain security program within OTC as well as acting as the liaison (with the OTC business and CS) on matters involving animal rights extremists/terrorists and local law enforcement and government agencies. Additionally, this position will coordinate with the OTC DEA compliance department to insure appropriate security measures against the stated governmental regulations.
Where required and as directed by CS/BPO, to undertake any internal investigation regarding miscon-duct or fraud.
Strategy / policy
• Act as the Security subject matter expert (SME) with all OTC Senior Business Leaders, individual Site Heads, and Human Resource Managers on all related security matters with regard to the development of internal processes and policies that will assist in safeguarding the business’ employees, assets and reputation.
Security Operations Management
• Manage the physical and technical security programs within the OTC business in a proactive and consistent manner and in coordination with key vendors (contract security provider and technical security companies) and Corporate Security.
• Assist Corporate Security (where appropriate) with investigations assigned by the BPO (Business Practices Office) including, but not limited to; financial fraud, misconduct, conflicts of interest and marketing practices.
• Oversee investigations into incidents of theft of OTC assets, from both internal and external sources.
• Supervise the OTC Supply Chain Security Program (in conjunction with CS), including security posture at a 3rd party logistics vendors, development and maintenance of Freight Security requirement SOPs, and management of vendor for Electronic monitoring of shipments.
Data management and reporting
• Maintain and manage all incident reporting in a centralized database in a consistent manner
• Manage security issues in a consistent manner to ensure support to OTC management in com-pliance with external reporting requirements (Audit Committee, SOX, Finance Committee), or as required.
• Act as the key point of contact with Director Risk and Extremism Strategy (Corporate Secu-rity) on matters involving animal rights extremists/terrorists and local law enforcement and government agencies. Monitor and conduct analysis of intelligence information pertaining to the activity of animal rights extremists/terrorists targeting OTC. When necessary, man-age dissemination of information to OTC senior business leaders to enhance their safety and well being.
• Serve as the representative of the OTC Security Department for all Business Continuity ef-forts.
• Identify risk exposure areas
-In collaboration with Corporate Security and OTC Compliance, ensure that allHow to Apply:
University (Bachelor's Degree)
-Fluent in English.
-Extensive experience in managing an enterprise wide security program within a corporate environment as well as conducting and managing investigations, whether in the public sector or private industry, is necessary. Incumbent must have significant experience in managing complex security programs and projects (primarily technical and physical in nature) in multiple locations. Experience in personnel management, task plan-ning, contract review and management, resource allocation management, and conducting personnel evaluation. Incum-bent must be well organized, efficient, detail oriented, and pos-sess excellent oral and written communication skills. Posses-sion of ASIS’ CPP (Certified Protection Professional) certifica-tion is desired to be considered for this opportunity.
-Minimum of fifteen (15) years of experience (aggregate) within a corporate security organization or Government Security ser-vice with an emphasis on managing a corporate security pro-gram is desirable. A college degree in a criminal justice or a security related field is preferred.
-An advanced degree in security management or a related dis-cipline is preferred. Additionally, experience at the executive level of Government Security Service as well as experience within the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
Apply online: https://sjobs.brassring.com/2057/ASP/TG/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=13617&siteid=5260&jobid=1753424&codes=novcomURL: