Director, International Travel Security and Executive Protection
Gartner is seeking a seasoned security risk management professional to join its Global Corporate Security team. The candidate will possess subject matter expertise in international travel security and executive protection, and demonstrate familiarity with insider risk mitigation and internal investigations. The successful candidate will maintain currency on international affairs across all relevant business markets and be able to contextualize world events in business terms. The candidate will be a multifaceted, flexible leader able to successfully operate within a startup environment. This role is global in nature, as the candidate will interface with senior executive and business unit stakeholders across the world on a daily basis. Successful candidates will have the ability to work autonomously, and be able to bridge the gap between deep subject matter expertise and ongoing initiatives in order to enable firm growth.
- Drive the formation and implementation of travel security and executive protection policies, procedures, and practices, leveraging best practices gleaned from previous roles and current industry standards.
- Develop tools and methodologies to assess, mitigate, and monitor global risks to Gartner’s senior executives and business travelers.
- Establish and socialize a travel security framework, identifying low, medium and high risk countries for Gartner business travelers.
- Develop pre-trip security briefings and counsel senior executives on safety and security tips prior to departure.
- Design comprehensive risk mitigation plans to ensure that Gartner business travelers achieve their objectives in safe and secure manner.
- Leverage strategic relationships, open source information, social media, and proprietary Gartner data sources to deliver timely, high-value counsel to Gartner leadership on potential travel.
- Support the development and expansion of key departmental initiatives, including insider risk mitigation, internal investigations, and enterprise crisis management.
- Partner closely with key internal stakeholders (i.e. Human Resources, Legal, Communications, and Information Technology) to implement travel security risk programs consistent with Gartner’s culture and risk tolerance.
- Support the development of the corporate security organization through strategic planning, budgeting, key performance indicator (KPI) development, vendor selection, and Board reporting.<.li>
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, International Security, Political Science, or other relevant field required; Masters or other terminal degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years of work experience, preferably in relevant U.S. Government agencies, military organizations, and/or private sector corporate security organizations
- Deep familiarity with risk management theory and practice, including requirements development, data aggregation and synthesis, and application
- Familiarity with corporate security organizational development and dynamics
Please see complete list of qualifications onlineHow to Apply: