Vice President, Security
New York, NYDescription:
The Vice President of Security is responsible for providing excellent Event Security, Facility Security, and Risk Management services by planning, monitoring, directing, delegating, controlling, and managing all functions of the Event Security and Core services departments during events and non-event times. Oversee the security operations for Barclays Center and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum including, but not limited to, anti-terrorism, risk management, loss prevention, safety, training, investigations and intelligence, budgeting, emergency preparedness, disaster prevention, and personnel management. Monitor and assess threats or attacks and the impact and possible losses that might ensue, as well as, to balance these losses against the costs of security procedures that may reduce these losses. Oversee Event Security management with regard to revenue and profitability of assigned clients/tenants, while ensuring the utmost in client and tenant partnership satisfaction.
The incumbent will oversee and coordinate security efforts across the company and will identify security initiatives and standards. Responsible for a staff of over 400 (internal and external resources) and budgetary responsibilities in excess of $1 million. This role leads the development and continuous improvement of policies, process, and governance.
- Maintain proper image and generate positive public relations by resolving Event and Guest Security issues, concerns, and complaints as needed during events
- Secure and maintain safety of all guests, employees’, clients, and performers at all events by enforcing and regulating venue security policy and procedures through the security team
- Effectively manage Core and Event Security departments, as well as, provide necessary leadership, training, support and guidance. Empower supervisory team to lead, coach, mentor, and discipline personnel as deemed necessary
- Create, foster, and maintain Arena and Coliseum reputation for great service in a secure, comfortable environment, and reduce liabilities.
- Ability to work with and experience with law enforcement agencies, governmental departments, at the city, state, and federal level.
- Lead Barclays Center and Nassau Coliseum security initiatives and operations including developing, maintaining, and overseeing the operation of security tools, processes, and policies to defend, detect, and respond to threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks targeting the company and its assets. Develop, implement and enforce facility rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
How to Apply:
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 15 years of related work experience with crowd control in large urban centers.
- Senior level management as a decision-maker with command experience.
- Experience with community relations.
- Experience with or knowledge of security-related legislation and regulation
- Experience with innovative optimization of leading performance standards for Security processes
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment; Ability to multi-task projects and handle a variety of day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours for an extended period of time as dictated by events and schedule which includes nights, weekends, and holidays