Regional Security Director
Secure Community Network (SCN)Location:
North Bethesda, MDDescription:
Under the direction of the Secure Community Network (SCN), and the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington (JFGW), the Regional Security Director will serve as a representative of SCN as an expert security advisor, liaison, training coordinator to provide direction and maintain oversight for the development, organization, implementation and monitoring of JFGW’s security operations and program, to include providing guidance and strategic direction to ensure the safety and security of all member institutions of the community and serve as a liaison during crisis response and mitigation efforts, assisting local incident commanders and/or serve as an incident commander during crisis response and mitigation efforts if requested and/or required. The Director will coordinate with federal, state and local law enforcement, non-profit, public, private and other stakeholder organizations on community safety and security matters.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as a representative of SCN to local as well as regional partners, to include JFGW, local, state as well as regionally located federal law enforcement, non-profit, public, private and other stakeholder organizations.
- Serve as an expert security advisor, liaison, training coordinator as well as provider, and coordinating resource between SCN and local as well as regional partners, to include JFGW, local, state as well as regionally located federal law enforcement, non-profit, public, private and other stakeholder organizations on community safety and security matters, to include physical and cyber issues.
- Serve as the SCN point of contact for the region (National Capital Region: Maryland, DC and Virginia).
- Maintaining relationships with professional and lay leadership of community facilities and organizations and meet regularly with site personnel as well as state and local officials to share information and promote as well as review support provided by SCN.
- Be able to communicate internally and externally a working knowledge of SCN’s objectives, mission, policies and positions and relevant local, national and world events, and assist partner entities to respond to inquiries from the media, based on coordinating with SCN headquarters. Read, monitor and respond to media reports and opinion articles.
- Prepare for meetings and issue reports and other correspondence for key leadership, to include the National Director & CEO as well as COO of SCN, and the COO and CEO of JFGW.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field preferred and a minimum 10 years law enforcement, corporate, government or related homeland security experience.
- Dynamic, results-oriented individual, with highest degree of personal integrity and able to pass a background check.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in report writing
- Proven success in problem solving, collaboration and developing working relationships with security professionals and colleagues.
- Broad-based knowledge of security protocols, threat investigations, physical security and emergency management.
- CPP or PSP certification desired.
- Ability to develop organizational plans, to evaluate personnel and assignments and provide direction.
- Develop budgets for operations and equipment, including grant applications and other alternative funding.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office suite, to include PowerPoint
- Possess ability to develop strong relationships with the community.
- Knowledge of Judaism and sensitive to Jewish community history, holidays and traditions.