Safety and Security Director
Virginia Department of TransportationLocation:
VDOT needs to fill this Workforce Safety and Security Director position with someone passionate about leading the agency’s focus on a safe and secure work environment for all employees and contractors who work on VDOT property, projects, and right of way. If your career focus is the prevention of injuries and illnesses and physical security of facilities and equipment, consider applying for this job today!
VDOT leadership’s goal is to hire someone to who can work with internal and external partners to enhance worker safety, implement safety and security solutions and foster an active workforce safety culture. The right candidate has very strong people skills, can communicate with a variety of internal and external audiences, and has the ability to influence a safety culture through others. You will lead a team of safety and security experts who will support you in the development and delivery of VDOT’s Workforce Safety and Security programs. You will work closely with field-based District Safety Managers, Civil Rights and Human Resources staff who administer multiple programs that focus on promoting a safe, secure and healthy workforce.
Other program responsibilities are:
- Plan, organize, budget, and track completion and effectiveness of activities intended to achieve workforce safety and security objectives.
- Identify the need for and implement controls that will eliminate workplace hazards.
- Plan for and direct asset control security contracts, systems, and programs.•
- Oversee risk assessments and mitigation measures.
- Identify conditions or actions that may cause inquiry, illness or property damage and mitigation strategies to reduce and eliminate risks.
- Work closely with internal partners to ensure job safety/hazard analysis documentation is current and personal protective equipment needs are met.
- Regulatory Compliance – Ensure mandatory safety and health standards are satisfied. Serve as an expert in record keeping requirements related to safety and health information to meet government requirements and provide data for problem solving and decision making.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
You are minimally qualified for this position if you have: