Senior Manager, Security Operations and Risk
This role falls in the Aviation Security team of the Corporate Security organization and is the senior Corporate Security representative at American Airlines’ Integrated Operations Center (IOC). The role is tasked with supporting the operational and physical security of American Airlines team members, customers, and assets as well as the security compliance of AA operations globally. The Sr. Manager of Security Operations and Risk ensures that relevant intelligence is assessed and synthesized to provide timely and operationally actionable support to AA’s operational decision makers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Sr. Manager of Security Operations and Risk is the senior representative of Corporate Security within AA’s Integrated Operations Center (IOC).
- Provides strategic management of AA’s 24/7 Security Operations Desk (SECOPS) functions as well as the Geopolitical Risk teams.
- Responsible for maintaining security regulatory compliance of the airline through the work of the SECOPS desk; serves as the primary escalation point for SECOPS
Responsible for the development, maintenance and support of risk assessment programs, platforms and outputs for AA aviation and non-aviation operations globally.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
- Possess or obtain Ground Security Coordinator qualification
- Understanding of analytic methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher or relevant work experience
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have or be able to obtain a US government secret level security clearance
- Must be able to travel worldwide
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and occasional irregular schedules as dictated by emerging threats, or in response to current incidents or assignments
- Understanding of global airline operations
- Leadership experience overseeing teams performing 24/7 and/or security sensitive functions/li>
How to Apply:
- DOD/USG intelligence, State Department analyst and/or counter terrorism training
- Work experience in a security analyst or security operational capacity
- Understanding of airline systems and processes; AA specific preferred