Director, Information and Network Security
DeKalb County School DistrictLocation:
Under general direction, secures enterprise information as well as the district’s network by designing, implementing, and enforcing security controls, safeguards, policies and procedures. This position also manages staff while ensuring that the district complies with information security standards and norms.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Develop and execute an information security strategy and program that includes securing technology assets across the application, infrastructure and data tiers.
- Maintain policies and procedures that govern the use of technology to protect DeKalb County School District instructional resources and business units.
- Supervises, builds, and mentors highly motivated, an enthusiastic and skilled IT risk management and information security staff.
- Provides advisement by identifying critical security issues; recommending risk-reduction solutions.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or closely related area is required.
- Master’s Degree in the previous areas is preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years administrative/managerial level experience in Information Technology or closely related experience with five (5) years of documented information security work experience in analyzing and applying information security, risk management, and privacy practices is required.