Chief Information Security Officer
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban DevelopmentLocation:
District of ColumbiaDescription:
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) for the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Its principal offices are located in the District of Columbia. The Office of the Chief Information Officer enables delivery of agency programs, services, and management processes by providing high-quality information technology (IT) solutions and services.
The Chief Information Security Officer serves as the Chief Information Officer's designated Senior Agency Information Security Officer with responsibilities to develop and maintains the Department's Cyber Security Management Program. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing oversight of Departmental cyber security contracts and high-level enterprise-wide procurements impacting the security of the HUD enterprise such as enterprise license agreements and security lines of business procurements.
- Ensuring the agency has trained personnel sufficient to assist the agency in securing the agency's information assets and comply with all statutory requirements and regulations.
- Ensuring the agency Chief Information Officer and senior agency officials are provided with current and timely cyber security threat and vulnerability in formation to enable the agency to prepare for, detect and respond to cyber attacks.
- Serving as the senior advisor to agency line management to ensure agency Program Office oversight, compliance and accountability with the agency's Cyber Security Management Program.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- A one-year probationary period is required, if not previously completed.
- Must meet Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs)
Will be required to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report, SF-278.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
As a basic requirement, applicants must demonstrate progressively responsible experience directly related to the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined under Mandatory Technical Qualifications. Typically, experience of this nature will have been gained at or above the GS-15 grade level in the Federal service, or its equivalent, with state or local government, the private sector, or nongovernmental organizations. Failure to meet basic qualification requirements, specialized experience, and all mandatory technical qualifications may result in disqualification.
You must have at least one year of specialized experience related to this position. How to Apply: