Director of Security
Broward Center for the Performing ArtsLocation:
Ft. Lauderdale, FLDescription:
The Director of Security directs and coordinates activities relating to the protection, safeguarding and security of company assets, employees, invitees and others; ensuring that BCPA's and other Performing Arts Center Authority (PACA) managed facilities safety and security is maintained at the highest level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will be the primary contact for all security related matters serving as a liaison to city, county, state and federal law enforcement, as needed.
- Serve as primary contact for all event organizers, tour managers and company staff in all matters related to event security and safety.
- Oversee all aspects of the security contract, as it pertains to post orders, appropriate staffing numbers, scheduling and budget.
- Maintain highest customer service standards as well as professional appearance and demeanor.
- Enforce security policies and procedures.
- Stay up-to-date on security trends and best practices.
- Monitor all related governmental agencies to anticipate potential disruptions to business.
- Manage the Center's Emergency Response Plan as it pertains to updates and implementation.
- Schedule and conduct fire drills, active shooter drill and other safety/security related exercises.
- Work with management and staff to monitor security procedures, to identify issues, and develop and implement solutions and strategies with security department.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and make recommendations for improvement of all areas.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to supervise all aspects of a department.
- Even tempered when dealing with hostile or antagonistic situations.
- Work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays regularly.
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written, in English.
- Knowledge of equipment and of the tools, materials, and practices of the industry.
- Skilled in Windows based programs.
- Able to keep records and prepare reports.
- Able to work effectively and positively with others.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
How to Apply:
- BA/BS degree or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five (5) years’ experience at a supervisory level in law enforcement agency, military or private sector security program.
- Experience in dealing with the public in emergency situations including accidents, civic disturbance, bomb threats, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of the issues, principals, tactics and procedures related to security and safety in a public venue.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. URL: