Shed NYC IncLocation:
New York, NYDescription:
The Shed has been designed to be a highly adaptable, flexible and technologically advanced art and performance facility.
The Security Manager is responsible for establishing and overseeing security protocols for all facility, gallery and event spaces working closely with the Visitor Experience department to create a welcoming and safe environment for our guests and audiences. This position manages the security command center, including the operation of surveillance camera systems, access controls, safeguarding of assets, executive protection, and security procedures for public assemblies and high-profile events.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, this key managerial position will assist in developing and implementing new operational standards, formulate and manage budgets and work with the various organization departments for the successful hosting of events and dynamic programming. The Security Manager will coordinate security planning and protocols with adjoined commercial office and residential towers.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Lead all staff on the security team through the development, training, documentation and implementation of operational policies, standards and procedures that will create a welcoming and safe environment for our guests and audiences
- Responsible for securing the physical assets of The Shed, artists, and staff
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of security, radio communications and access control systems, including the digital storage and retrieval of camera surveillance footage
- Conduct investigations and provide reports of incidents, loss or damage of property
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
How to Apply:
- Minimum ten years of progressive experience in facility security services with five years in a supervisory role.
- Experience working in NYC arts, performance, museums, cultural, and entertainment venues strongly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of security protocols, emergency preparedness, asset protection, event operations, surveillance and access management systems in public assembly venues
- Strong ability to develop and lead the security department with experience providing time sensitive, critical information and recommendations to senior management
- Requires night, weekend and holiday work with 24 hour availability for emergency responses
- Advanced knowledge and effective oversight in complying with OSHA, NFPA, and Local Building codes
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with proven leadership, organizational and analytical abilities
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities in fast-paced and high demand situations while remaining extremely professional and customer service oriented