The Security Manager, under the guidance of the Director, manages all aspects of the security functions within the zoo. The ideal candidate will have in depth experience with planning, directing and coordinating activities related to the protection and security of staff, guests, animals and others. This position will assess and monitor current security policies, procedures, and programs and recommend appropriate changes as needed.
Our Mission: Houston Zoo connects communities with animals, inspiring action to save wildlife.
Our Vision: Houston Zoo will be a leader in the global movement to save wildlife.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage security policies, procedures, recommendations and standards to ensure compliance with applicable security laws, regulations and privacy legislation as appropriate
- Develop and maintain strong and effective partnerships with public law enforcement, parks and fire departments, and other emergency agencies; assist with plans and investigations as requested
- Supervise and execute all incidents involving 911 calls, crisis management plan, and crisis management drills as well as zoo emergency response plans
- Plan, examine, and analyze zoo security operations including company assets/equipment, animal welfare, guest engagement and staff safety
- Responsible for directing, coordinating and overseeing all security activities to assist during peak attendance, special events, etc.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
How to Apply:
- Degree in law enforcement/security, business administration or related field preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years management experience in security or risk management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent guest service and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in ability to remain calm in unpredictable situations and de-escalate aggressive behaviors
- Ability to work and build trusted relationships with diverse groups and individuals
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, planning and organizational skills