Executive Director, Security Support ServicesOrganization:
The Executive Director of Security Support Operations will synchronize five major support functions to support field operations and key stakeholders/functional partners in Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, Facilities, Supply Chain, Risk, Pharmacy, Communications, Audit, Finance, Business Continuity, and others. The five major programs subordinate to the Executive Director are Risk Assessments & Mitigation; Threat Management; Investigations & Loss Prevention; Security Technology Integration; and Analytics & Enterprise Security Risk Management. The Executive Director will be second in command to the VP of Corporate Security and have authority to make executive decisions in the absence of the VP. This position will serve in a senior leadership role and engage directly with National Executive Leadership, Regional Presidents, Executive Medical Directors, and leaders of other functional programs. This position will be considered in the VP succession planning. The leader in this position will ensure the organization has a high-level of accountability for integrated, comprehensive security/risk strategy, with less duplication of effort across the regions and stronger fiscal management of the Security Program budget. S/he will serve in a strategic role and manage positive working relationships among Senior Leadership in the Regions as stakeholders. This position will bring a hybrid model of a senior security executive-s combined leadership talent, business acumen and subject matter expertise. The Security Operations Leader is accountable for the identification, development, implementation, and management of the organization-s national security/risk strategies and related programs for the safety and security of employees, members and visitors of Kaiser Permanente.
- Minimum ten (10) years of senior management experience.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of security operations/investigation/risk management experience.
- Bachelor-s degree in business administration, public policy, health care management, criminal justice, or related field from an accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
- Professional affiliation with the International Security Management Association (ISMA), Criminal Justice affiliations, the International Association for Health Care Security and Safety (IAHSS) and other related affiliations is valued.
Additional Requirements:- Experience and expertise with risk assessments & mitigation, threat management, investigations & loss prevention, security technology integration, measurement & analytics, security-related policy development, business continuity, budgeting, contract/vendor negotiation.
- Must be able to work through the absence of established processes. The person selected for this role will be a key change agent for process-creation, process improvement, hard-wiring, and to implement effective monitors and controls.
- Must be adept with measuring key program metrics, KPI, Executive Reporting, and building effective Business Cases which effectively rationalize resource allocation.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Preferred Qualifications:- Prior experience with security organizations or law enforcement agencies protecting people and assets of organizations of 50k people and larger preferred; ideally with geographically-dispersed teams.
- Experience managing an executive protection program preferred.How to Apply: