Director of Security
About the team
Zillow Group is looking for an experienced corporate Director of Security Operations residing in our Seattle HQ location to oversee over 1 million+ sqft nation-wide, and growing. You will run all security and safety programs company-wide, including corporate office space and mobile/remote employees.
About the role
Zillow Group’s highest priority is the safety and security of its employees. The Director, Security Operations will design, implement and run a full range of safety and security policies, programs and resources throughout the organization. You will be responsible for crisis management planning, travel safety, executive protection, physical security and emergency response (both ZG sites and major off-site events) with a focus toward continuous improvement and innovation to deliver an elite program. You will lead a ZG team and handle contracted security resources in order to provide the most cost-effective program.
Primary Responsibilities and Skillset
- Develop, implement and maintain global strategies and policies to mitigate security and safety risks to Zillow Group.
- Encompasses physical security and systems, risk analysis, large event security, travel security, executive protection, investigations, contingency planning, and crisis management response.
- You will assist the leadership team in identifying, implementing and maintaining safety and security practices, policies and training.
Please see complete job description onlineQualifications:
How to Apply:
- 5-10+ years of security management in a corporate setting(s); professional services experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience supporting expansion into new geographies.
- Security certifications such as CPP or CFE preferred.
- Sound business judgment, can anticipate company needs and identify and implement practical, realistic solutions.
- A highly responsive, service-oriented individual with an ability to flex schedule to support customers in various locations and time zones.
- Well organized and extraordinary written and verbal communications skills; ability to effectively advise at all levels of the organization and across inexperienced as well as seasoned travelers.
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information with the highest levels of discretion and integrity.
- Ability to meet deadlines, often within tight time frames.
- Knowledge of criminal and civil procedure as it relates to evidence, privacy, interviewing, breach of contract, fraud, supply chain, and intellectual property protection.
Project management skills, including planning, execution, and implementation.
- Established a range of professional contacts. Familiar with the security literature.
- Practical knowledge of travel security and the current geopolitical and security environment across the geographical areas of responsibility.