Director of Security
St. Louis, MODescription:
The Director of Public Safety provides leadership to Metro’s Public Safety team by planning, directing and managing the department’s administrative activities and operations. This position manages the administration and implementation of all Public Safety functions including personnel deployment, coordination with partnering entities, fare enforcement administration, and staff development and training.
This position reports to the General Manager of Public Safety.
- Supervises the deployment of Public Safety personnel, provides guidance to accomplish the objectives of Metro’s comprehensive security program.
- Supports Metro’s comprehensive security program by ensuring that Metro Public Safety’s resource deployment programs maintain a comprehensive security presence across the Metro transit system.
- Communicates and coordinates Public Safety departmental schedules with law enforcement partners and contractors on a frequent basis.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of security in a public transportation environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the operational characteristics, services and activities of a public safety force.
- Extensive knowledge regarding the methods and techniques of public safety, corporate security or laws enforcement, including current and emerging trends within the industry.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with diverse timelines simultaneously.
- Ability to engage and empower staff to achieve departmental and individual goals, providing clear direction and expectation for team members.
- Ability to effectively resolve problems independently.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships and communicate clearly and respectfully with diverse audiences.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Public Safety, or a related discipline.
Experience: A minimum of ten years professional experience in law enforcement, corporate security, or relevant role(s). Experience must include at least five years supervisory experience in a security or law enforcement role.How to Apply: