Corporate Security Manager
Evansville, IL or Houston, TXDescription:
As the Corporate Security Manager, you will support the Corporate Security Director in the development and implementation of the physical security strategy for the region. Contribute to and build support for the culture of security program across the region. Support development and ensure implementation of physical security plans, policies and procedures. Provide support for project execution, continual improvement of processes and measurements of business performance.
In February of 2019 CenterPoint Energy completed an acquisition which added nearly 7,000 employees. Now you’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic corporate security team to support our $27 billion-dollar company which has a footprint in 40 states.
Specifically, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Foster the implementation, communication and understanding of physical security requirements across the region.
- Advise business unit leadership in the selection and operation of physical security needs.
- Collect and analyzes physical security information to identify new or changing threats & risks that can affect company personnel, operations, assets and/or reputation.
- Oversee (and/or conducts) security-related investigations.
- Oversee (and/or conducts) physical security audits, assessment and reviews.
- Support development and implementation of the tools and processes required to support the physical security functions.
- Measure and continuously improves the effectiveness of the physical security functions and processes.
- Support effective tracking and sharing of physical security lessons learned and best practices to drive improvement.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Security or industry related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in physical security in a large business or corporate environment, law enforcement or the military.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a leadership or managerial role.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Access, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Project, SharePoint, Visio and Word.
- Intermediate level of proficiency writing policies and procedures.
- Intermediate level of proficiency creating and delivering training plans.
- Corporate investigations management experience.
- Experience in recommending and implementing security technology, including Access Control, CCTV and Intrusion Detection.
- Experience in conducting physical security assessments, reviews and evaluations.
- Relevant professional certification (CPP, PSP)
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory compliance requirements (CFATS, NERC)