Safeguards & Security Division Director
Pacific Northwest National LaboratoryLocation:
This position is directly accountable for the development, implementation, and oversight of the Safeguards and Security (S&S) and Export Control Programs and related topical areas for Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) to assure the protection, control and accountability for the S&S interests of the Laboratory, the Department of Energy and Department of Commerce and State Department Regulations specific to Export Control compliance. The S&S Programs ensure appropriate protection of personnel, facilities and assets (physical and intellectual property) of the government, other clients, and Battelle regarding loss, theft, diversion, sabotage and espionage. Export Control assures appropriate protection is afforded to commodities, technologies, and services specific to interactions with foreign nationals either in the U.S. or abroad. This includes deemed exports, actual hardware/technology and any supporting documentation/reports.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree plus 12+ years of relevant experience; or master's degree plus 10+ years of relevant experience. Typical related management experience should include, initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes.
- Experience in security programs with work history of increasing management responsibilities and leadership roles.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with a working knowledge of various sponsor, governmental, and Laboratory procedures and requirements.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s in Security Management, Criminal Justice, Business, Education or related fields.
- Strong foundation in the principles of contractor and performance assurance consistent with the Laboratory expectations and best industry practices.
- Extensive experience in the development and deployment of DOE S&S Program elements.
- Knowledge of export control requirements to include a basic understanding of International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administrations Regulations, Nuclear Regulatory Commission Regulations, and DOE Regulations specific to Export Control.