Corporate Security Manager, Crisis Management
Packaging Corporation of AmericaLocation:
Lake Forest, ILDescription:
As a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S., PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
We are seeking resumes for a Corporate Security Manager, Crisis Management at our corporate office in Lake Forest, IL.
The Corporate Security Manager, Crisis Management will assist with the identification, development, implementation and management of the organization’s security strategies and related programs. S/he will manage the development of the crisis management and workplace violence initiatives for Packaging Corporation of America to protect the organization’s employees and properties from preventable harm and danger.
- Evaluate the Company as a whole and by each location to develop response plans and training for crisis management, critical incidents, potential workplace violence situations and other emergency situations.
- Develop and implement security awareness training across the organization.
- Prioritize, track and consult with manufacturing and corporate locations to achieve a robust response program.
- Assess the risks, requests for additional security and implement the help of outside resources when cases are reported.
- Work with other security and safety department members to identify, develop, implement, and maintain security processes, practices, and policies throughout the organization to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure and liability in all areas of corporate and manufacturing operations.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least five (5) to seven (7) years of corporate security experience with a large organization.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in crisis management, work place violence prevention and related skills.
- Experience in providing security consultations to internal stakeholders to reduce risk.
- Experience conducting physical security needs assessments and writing a plan addressing those needs.
- Experience conducting investigations, resolving conflicts and mediating sensitive situations.
- Experience developing, conducting, and delivering training to a variety of audiences.
- Strong analytic and report writing skills including the ability to document the results of analysis and investigations in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to develop procedures for operational tasks.
- Leadership experience, and exceptional relationship management competencies with the ability to understand impact and sensitivity of security issues.
- Ability to work autonomously and with limited supervision.
- Ability to proactively approach, speak, engage and build relationships with corporate management, internal and external customers, represent the company to local, state and federal government officials, and address diverse individuals, groups and organizations.
- Must be able to travel on short notice as necessary and possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Proficient computer and software knowledge, including MS Office Suite.
- Ability to travel domestically, 50%. (limited to no weekend travel)
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
How to Apply:
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Industry-accepted Crisis Management Certification (CMCS) preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
All Qualified applicants must apply at: https://www.packagingcorp.com/employmentURL: