SVP, SaaS Operations and Security
New York, NYDescription:
As Ninth Wave’s Senior Vice President of SaaS Operations, you will be a key part of our leadership team and your responsibility will be to manage all aspects of Ninth Wave’s SaaS Services -- its financial services applications in a cloud infrastructure. This includes build and deploy, operations, security, and P&L management. It includes leading a DevOps structure to provide high quality, continuous operations, and ongoing support ensuring the applications meet critical service level objectives, customer requirements and company financial objectives.
- Define and implement the AWS cloud infrastructure necessary to meet the service level and cost objectives required by the applications.
- Define and implement an overall strategy for application operations using DevOps principles and support to ensure scalability, fast delivery, provide reliable services and cost-effective operations.
- Define and implement an overall strategy for application infrastructure optimization, performance and capacity. Balancing cost of infrastructure and support against over provisioning of resources.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly system maintenance activities (backups, log file maintenance, security patches, etc) are completed within acceptable windows.
How to Apply:
- 8+ years infrastructure and applications operations experience (design and operations) primarily with the following technologies:
- All aspects of AWS infrastructure
- Linux, SQL database, Java run time environments
- TCP/IP networking including DNS, DHCP, and routing protocols
- Web and application infrastructure
- Knowledge of financial services protocols and systems a plus
- Strong background in security
- Experience providing client-oriented DevOps or operational support – managing client issues and communications during incidents
- Ability to implement a secure operation function according to IT standards, industry best practices and procedures (such as DevOps, ITIL, and SOC 2)
- Proven ability to manage problems: troubleshoot and resolve OS, software and network problems; dig to root cause; manage issues during a crisis