Director of Operations and Security
Morrisville, North CarolinaDescription:
Lenovo's Data Center Group is seeking a senior software development and operations leader for Lenovo's private cloud platform ThinkAgile CP. Qualifications:
This leader will define and build a dedicated worldwide organization responsible for deployment, maintenance, monitoring, security, optimization and ongoing operations of ThinkAgile CP external and internal SaaS platform and related infrastructure. He/she will partner with Director of SW Development as well as with CTO for the ThinkAgile CP platform to develop and execute a comprehensive technology and operational strategy for the product. This person will be responsible for defining and owning processes and technology for the cloud based and internal infrastructure and technology and tools for "always-on" operations of the ThinkAgile CP customer and internal portal and related services.
We are looking for a leader who has experience managing teams, operating high volume Internet facing SaaS applications and websites, and experience with all aspects of internal data center as well as cloud hosting infrastructure, networking, storage, monitoring and security. Equally important the candidate must have deep software development management background and experience managing teams developing automated processes and technologies to support SaaS type platforms since all aspects of the operations will be highly automated by his team.
Please see complete job description online.
How to Apply:
- Understanding of networking, virtualization, containerization and storage infrastructure and technologies
- Understanding of SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Apache Spark, ElasticSearch and other database and big data technologies development experience
- Understanding of AMQP, Apache Qpid, JMS, AWS SQS and other messaging technologies and application using these technologies
- Understanding of application and infrastructure thread modeling methodologies, vulnerability management, penetration testing and other security related aspects of designing and operating Internet facing infrastructure
- Understanding of API management platforms and operations of API driven infrastructure
- OpenStack, VMWare vCloud or SDDS, AWS, Azure experience highly desired
- Excellent communications skills – able to work with teams across cultures fostering trust and collaboration. Comfortable presenting to large groups and executives.
- Must be able to attend frequent meetings outside of standard working hours, to accommodate teams in other time zones.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Investigation and debugging skills