Senior Director, IT
Reporting to the Executive Director and Chief Academic Information Officer, the Senior Director of Information Technology position acts as the primary operational leader and assists with execution of daily operations, ensures high levels of IT customer service and is the executive leader in charge of all projects. This role is also responsible for applying Operational Excellence/L6S techniques to all IT Services within the department portfolio. This role is considered a second-highest leadership role within the department.
- Allocates 40% effort towards ensuring the delivery of world-class IT services, 40% effort towards ensuring successful project delivery and 20% effort on strategic planning.
- Ensures the successful delivery of all IT services regardless of whether they originate within the department, are re-brokered from other internal IT partners or are sourced from external IT service providers.
- Maintains a clearly defined IT service portfolio, creates value streams and utilizes Operational Excellence and Lean6Sigma techniques to ensure optimal delivery. Establishes KPI’s for each line of service, monitors and maintains their performance at optimal levels.
- Manages a multi-tier project portfolio that spans all SOM depts., centers, institutes with a primary focus on the department. Ensures projects are delivered on time, at cost and at specification.
- Manages a SOM application portfolio that spans all SOM depts., centers, institutes with a primary focus on the department. Applies application portfolio life-cycle management techniques, aligns applications to strategic and operational imperatives and ensures the application portfolio facilitates the SOM overall goals.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
- Bachelors required (STEM preferred however related experience acceptable), MS/PHD in STEM preferred but not required.
How to Apply:
- 15 or more years operating at an Associate Director or higher level position in IT
- 10 or more years of experience operating in a Healthcare, Academic Medical Center, Research, Life Sciences or related regulated field
- 5 or more years’ experience with Research or related field