Director of Global Security
The Director of Global Security will be responsible for mitigating risk, ensuring safety in workplaces by coordinating, administering, and enforcing physical security for 11 locations. This position reports to the Chief People, Legal & Compliance Officer and is based in one of our US Plants or Atlanta, GA.
- Responsible for the physical security of employees and property assets at all Tegra locations in the US and Central America.
- Assess the physical security of each plant and office location to make necessary recommendations raising security to acceptable levels and addressing most critical issues with urgency.
- Conduct and document plant training on security and crisis management topics.
- Research, recommend and implement consistent building access control system for all locations. Ensure it is strictly enforced by audits and other measures.
- Assess and recommend security personnel solution for each site and implement plant-based protocols for responding to security incidents.
- Lead RFP process for outsourcing security if appropriate based on location. Manage any outsourced security function.
- Partner with HR, Legal and Plant Operations in addressing critical employee security issues or alleged theft situations.
- Manage security aspects of employee travel.
Proactively monitor risks to travelers and partner with HR to communicate precautions or advisories to employees.
- Build positive relationships with law enforcement in jurisdictions where Tegra operates to ensure appropriate & cooperative efforts to provide a safe and secure environment.
How to Apply:
- 10-15 years of experience in law enforcement, military or corporate security setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety management or related experience required
- Experience operating in Central America a plus
High sense of urgency, proactive and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service oriented
- Extremely confidential when necessary and when handling sensitive information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage complex projects in multiple geographies and manage change effectively.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills