Director Security Job
Provide effective professional leadership for Acuity Brands global physical security function. The successful candidate will lead and coordinate the daily management of the company’s security procedures and protocols enterprise-wide to include personnel security and physical security.
- Directs and develops security policies, standards, roadmaps and strategies to effectively manage risk, respond to incidents, maintain continuity of operations, and safeguard the organization, its assets and its employees;
- Oversees implementation of security practices, perform self-inspection, gap analysis and recommend and implement process improvement;
- Liaise with appropriate law enforcement, intelligence and threat assessment agencies to identify, quantify and assess security threats to operating facilities in order to provide proactive advice on suitable mitigation measures;
- Provide guidance in the development of Emergency Action Plans, crisis response and other contingencies;
- Support company business development activities as they relate to program security requirements;
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and applicable changes in security regulations;
- Oversees executive protection activities. Provides security information as needed for domestic and foreign geographies using advanced intelligence resources.
- Support site compliance with other departments overseeing Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards, Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism and other regulatory security requirements.
How to Apply:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a corporate or government environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience, Certified Protection Professional certification desirable.
- Must be detail oriented and be able to document continuous improvement areas of opportunity
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to translate strategy into actionable plans.
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Very strong attention to detail to analyze business and financial information, when needed, to help drive a shared understanding of a long-term vision that describes how the organization needs to operate now and into the future.
- Ability to think and operate at a "strategic level," but execute on a "tactical level" with the willingness to roll-up sleeves and work with teams in a hands-on capacity as required.
- Demonstrated competence in project management
- Capable of working well under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Organizational Awareness – Perceiving the impact and implications of decisions on various components of organization
- Professional/balanced demeanor; capable of interfacing/ influencing senior business leaders, staff, contractors, other security professionals and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of implementing/managing security initiatives in a multi-country environment and across business lines/groups.