Director of Security
Kroenke Sports & EntertainmentLocation:
The Director of Security will report directly to the Senior Director of Security. The Director, Security plans, directs, analyzes, evaluates and supervises activities relating to the protection, safeguarding, and security of employees, vendor partners, visitors, company assets, and KSE property locations. The Director, Security implements, monitors, and ensures compliance with all security policies, procedures, and programs. This individual is responsible for the operations of the 24-Hour Security Department as well as developing, implementing and directing security programs for the organization including managing the physical security issues for all Pepsi Center campus and for all staff working within those facilities.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Directs and maintains exemplary security for all Pepsi Center campus.
- Leads and directs security staff in multiple security core disciplines to: identify potential or existing security risks to the overall organization; research and deploy state of the art technology solutions and innovative security management techniques to safeguard staff and company assets; direct the approach, implementation, and execution of investigations and appropriate corrective actions.
- Provides expert advice and technical expertise to department heads and upper management including input to proposal development and security plans
- Develops and manages the capital and expense budget for the department
- Demonstrates close relationships with high-level domestic and international law enforcement, intelligence, and private sector counterparts
- Directs department response to emergency situations; ensures that staff members carry out duties as assigned; ensures Emergency Response Plans are implemented and followed, communicates with emergency services personnel, both internally and externally, before during and after emergencies.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- The position requires strong management, administrative, supervisory, training, presentation, consultant, and facilitator skills. Strong written and verbal communications are needed.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings/nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Skill in assessing security risks and needs.
- Ability to obtain necessary clearances for review of sensitive material
- Superior knowledge of technical aspects of security systems
- Training in law enforcement, fire science or security related fields preferred
- Training relevant to crowd management/crowd control, security systems and emergency preparedness/response
We appreciate your interest in working with KSE but please do not apply if you do not have the following required minimum qualifications:
How to Apply:
- Education Requirement – Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired
- Experience Requirement - Minimum five years of civilian and/or government security experience, including three years of management experience. Experience in special event security and pubic assembly venue security highly desirable.