Manager, Safety and Security
- Plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Establish and maintain a company-wide safety culture through safety training, risk assessments, and behavior-based safety programs. Plan, implement, and develop training materials to train all employees in workplace safety and environmental policies, procedures, and administration and conduct training as necessary to achieve and maintain compliance.
- Share and support the implementation of safety best practices.
- Actively participate as a member of management and leadership teams.
- Lead the investigation of all safety incidents. Analyze root causes and health hazards, determine corrective and preventative measures where indicated, and case management follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Lead investigations of accidents and injuries, and cooperate in the preparation of material for hearings and insurance investigations.
- Partner with Human Resources in management of workers’ compensation program by assisting with claims administration, performing job analysis, coordination of return to work, etc.
- Maintain incident report database, safety files and records. Compile and submit accident reports, such as the OSHA log, as required by regulatory agencies. Prepare safety reports. Provide information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and in prevention of hazardous conditions.
- Facilitate safety committee meetings in compliance with state and federal guidelines to ensure safety programs are followed and ongoing maintenance of safety working conditions.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
Skills and Specifications
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel; problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to self-motivate and take initiative.
- Knowledge of record keeping techniques and procedures.
- Embraces change and models the use of change processes, effectively participates on teams, selects teams, and leads teams.
- Ability to develop close working relationships with other departments and outside contacts. Ability to work well with diverse personalities and cultures.
- Basic knowledge of ISO 14001 regulations.
- Proficient in ergonomic evaluations and developing solutions.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional and leadership development skills.
- Displays self-confidence, demonstrate courage and conviction and sets an example in own actions.
- Planning, organizing and measurement and data analysis skills required.
- Ability to maintain focus on organizational results by setting clear expectations, acting quickly to resolve issues and breaking down barriers to success.
- Listens and responds appropriately to others, expresses ideas clearly, persuasively, and fosters two-way communication.
- Program management and/or strategic guidance skills required. Takes risks and tries new and untested ideas and approaches.
- Ability to support a 24/7 operation by being on call for support of safety/security events on site.
Education and Qualifications
How to Apply:
- Five to ten years similar or related experience.
- A college degree in a technical discipline or a master’s degree (non-technical) or non-technical degree plus professional certification.
- This position involves working with technologies and information which are subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, Toray CMA must review certain candidate information including citizenship, basis of United States work authorization and country of origin.
- This information would be used for export control screening purposes only.