Manager of Safety/Security
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLCLocation:
The Safety & Security Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the safety and security department to include overseeing and assuring the safety and security of all students and staff at the Job Corps Center; while simultaneously adhering to all standards set forth by The Department of Labor and all federal, state and local agencies.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Responsible for Center safety and security.
- Oversee and manage Safety and Security staff
- Develops and revises safety and security policies and procedures (SOPs). Develop, maintain and/or revise a comprehensive annual Safety Plan for approval by the Department of Labor and Alutiiq Education and Training corporate office.
- Manage the Center’s Emergency Response Team. Conducts risk audits and assessments.
- Conducts Center investigations as needed. Ensures student and staff rights are not violated during investigative sessions to ensure compliance with DOL, Corporate and Center guidelines.
- Coordinates Center search and seizure activities that coincide with Policy and Requirement Handbook (PRH) guidelines; confiscates contraband, weapons, etc. and disposes of same according to legal and Center guidelines.
- Acts as liaison between Center, federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies.
- Schedule and facilitate quarterly Environmental Inspections and annual Occupational Health and Safety (OSH) Reviews to align with Department of Labor (DOL) requirements.
- Collaborate with Work Base Learning Coordinator to ensure work base learning sites are safe and provide practical learning experiences for students.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three years of safety and security work related experience in addition to supervisory experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- CPR certification.
- Ability to make sound decisions and utilize good judgment at all times.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid state driver’s license;
- OSHA 600 and others as required by the DOL.
Preferred Education and Experience
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.