Manager of Security
The Manager of Security is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Security Department to achieve a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and staff. The security program will be managed through established standards including effective staffing assignments to meet security and safety needs. The Manager has responsibility to manage services within the allocated budget and to raise awareness regarding security, safety, and fiscal concerns or challenges.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the Security Department.
- Ensures a safe and secure environment for all patients, staff and visitors.
- Accountable for planning and financial management for the Security Department.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with external regulatory agencies, including JCAHO, Department of Health, and licensure requirements.
- Responsible for Human Resources management of staff in the Security department.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of safety/security experience or related field.
- Must have worked as a security officer for at least one (1) year.
- AA/AS in security, management, or related field.
- Pass BCA and FBI background check. Pass Fairview background check. Pass Fairview/Human Services background.
- Must be able to pass CPR testing.
- Must be able to pass ASP (baton), handcuffing, and chemical agent training.
- Completion of Incident Command (ICS) 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, & 800.
- Certified in basic level IAHSS (International Association for Hospital Safety and Security).
How to Apply:
- 5 years of security experience in a healthcare setting.
- 3 years of management experience in a healthcare setting.
- 5 years of experience in emergency management.
- BA/BS degree, or working towards completion of BA/BS.
- 3 to 5 years working as a security officer, Lead, or Supervisor.
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Certification or related Crisis training.