Critical Infrastructure Analyst 1
NYS Department of Homeland Security & Emergency ServicesLocation:
The incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Serve as a subject matter expert in physical security assessments, application, design and integration of physical security systems, and implementation of security measures.
- Direct, supervise and support program staff to conduct risk assessments focused on physical security protection. Deliver quality products to customers for their use.
- Direct, plan, organize and conduct complicated research and studies. Manage site/field visits to gather information relevant to program operations and initiatives; organize, analyze and interpret incoming reports, intelligence and investigative action.
- Oversee outreach activities conducted by the fieldwork teams, including presentations/conferences, information-sharing activities, training and exercises, briefings, reports and meetings.
- Develop and maintain assessment tools for use on NY infrastructure.
- Assessment of infrastructure which includes working with internal and external partners; reviewing, evaluating and commenting on safety and security plans and concepts; identification of vulnerabilities at fixed facilities; identification of vulnerabilities in information technology systems, making recommendations to improve the security of facilities; discovering potential failures.
- Serve as subject matter expert for all Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES) Office of Counterterrorism programs and initiatives.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
Nine years of professional or technical critical infrastructure analysis experience*, three years of which must be in one or more infrastructure sectors**. A bachelor’s degree in a relevant area*** may substitute for four years of general experience; a master’s degree in a relevant area can substitute for one additional year of general experience. How to Apply:
Experience must include research and analysis of highly technical programs; analysis and development of operational protocols for a large organization, including risk management and vulnerability assessment; analysis of public policy issues; or strategic planning and process improvement.
Please submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.