Director of Security
Rumbling Bald ResortLocation:
Lake Lure, NCDescription:
The Director of Security is responsible for establishing and maintaining security services designed to protect property owners, residents, guests, visitors, and associates of Rumbling Bald Resort. This includes developing and enforcing policies to ensure safety and security goals and objectives of the community are accomplished; directing and maintaining continuous security rounds and inspections on resort property; conducting investigations and providing timely follow-up concerning all safety-related issues.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Managing Director. Benefits available on the first day of employment include health, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance plus access to resort amenities. Other benefits include paid time off, sick leave, paid holidays and 401k with company match.
Essential Job Duties:
- Enforce all community covenants and policies; town, county and state laws on community property.
- Establish and maintain programs for traffic and fire safety, as well as emergency planning.
- Establish and maintain training standards based on state requirements and best practices.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all local, state and federal laws pertaining to the activities of security personnel.
Please see complete job description online. Qualifications:
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience with additional training in law enforcement or military preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years ‘experience in security or law enforcement.
- At least 6 years of supervisory experience.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Professional oral and written communication skills with the ability to establish rapport and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to prepare and administer an annual operating and capital budget.
- Ability to use common office machines such as PCs, fax machines, copiers, printers, and related equipment; ability to utilize computer software programs such as word processing, E-mail, spreadsheet, presentation software in the performance of essential duties.
- Possession of a valid vehicle operator permit in the state of residency without restrictions that would limit fulfillment of the essential job duties.