Director of Information Security and Privacy
- Pay is competitive and commensurate with your knowledge and experience
- Position will include benefits and equity
Seattle or South Bay. Work from our office or from your home, with in-office meetings when necessary.
Knowde does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Security: 3 years (Preferred)Description:
As Knowde’s Director of Information Security and Privacy, your responsibility is to ensure that Knowde’s systems and data are protected from attack within and without. Following the “Zero Trust” principles, you’ll frame, build, establish and operationalize our security and privacy practices so that our systems and data (and those our customers’ entrust to us) are protected 24/7/365. You will get support from our product, engineering, devops and business teams to achieve the following goals:
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
Skills We're Looking For
- Leader. 7+ years working in an enterprise/information security support role. Strength in leading and managing teams of dedicated security professionals working in a complex organization with a high growth rate.
- Organized. Proven ability to perform analysis, and prepare documentation which establishes business objectives, problems, options, and makes recommendations. Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Great Communicator. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy.
- Team Player. Excels in cross team collaboration, when possible building consensus and when necessary aligning people and teams behind unpopular but necessary decisions.
- Expert. Expertise with security technologies commonly leveraged to support a large-scale, multi-platform enterprise environment. Expert in Encryption technologies and best practice Key Management systems and procedures. Familiarity with current legal and regulatory requirements around information security and privacy, including PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, GDPR, FISMA/FedRamp, etc.
How to Apply:
- Show us that you’ve done it all before successfully, a few times
- Formal education is great. But, not necessary.
- We give the nod to people that love their craft and are on a constant search for ways to learn and get better.