Washington State Convention CenterLocation:
The following is a summary of the general nature and level of work performed by the staff member in this position. This description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
The Security Manager assists the Director of Security and Public Safety in the management of the security and safety of the facility and surrounding exterior areas inclusive of staff, guests, equipment and Convention Center property. Assist in the coordination with event clients and their subcontracted security companies to ensure the Convention Center's cooperation with their security needs.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, implement and maintain operating policies, procedures and standards of safety and security to be utilized throughout the facility; and ensure continuous improvement.
- In coordination with Director of Security and Public Safety, develop, implement, maintain and conduct training on the WSCC's emergency procedure and evacuation program.
- Maintain working knowledge of WSCC Fire/Life/Safety systems in order to maintain operations, diagnose problems and communicate issues with systems service provider.
- Maintain working knowledge of WSCC digital radio system in order to maintain operations, diagnose problems and communicate issues with equipment manufacturers and service providers.
- Maintain working knowledge of WSCC video camera and recording system.
- Coordinate annual testing of emergency systems and equipment.
- Responsible for Off-Duty Police and Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) contracts and scheduling of EMT’s for events.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
Education and Experience
How to Apply:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years of facility security operations experience at a management level, with direct responsibilities for all safety and security responsibilities. Direct successful experience in administering a facility's high security and emergency programs including international/national dignitaries and full-scale community emergency response coordination.
- Successful experience providing quality customer service while maintaining security service; maintaining productive team-oriented relationships with supervisors, peers, staff and external contractors; and, administering related safety programs including emergency plans, hazardous communication and exposure control. Three (3) years of experience in a manager or supervisor position with full responsibilities for both full-time and on-call staff, with preference for experience supervising union staff. Civil or military law enforcement experience is desirable.