Director of Global Security
Open Society FoundationsLocation:
New York, NYDescription:
The Global Security department is responsible for crisis management, identifying and mitigating threats and security issues relevant to Open Society’s operations, and the protection of individuals traveling globally for business purposes. The Director of Global Security is Open Society’s senior-most security expert and strategist, providing advice and counsel to senior leadership. The incumbent reports to the Global Director of Operations. The position requires travel to international office locations across the Open Society network in support of global security initiatives.
As Open Society’s Director of Global Security your typical duties and responsibilities will include:
Security Strategy and Risk Intelligence
- Establishes and maintains the overarching security strategy for the Open Society network, including compliance monitoring and enforcement.
- Oversees information and data gathering to identify, understand and address risks or threats against Open Society employees, assets and reputation.
- Establishes and maintains information networks and relationships globally with relevant government, intelligence, law enforcement and security contacts, as well as corporate and third-party resources, to inform both changing strategy requirements and immediate operational risks.
- Provides proactive leadership and analysis on emerging security issues and threats garnered from these relationships and from current events and trends.
- Provides subject matter expertise on information, physical, and travel security and executive protection issues to senior leadership for the benefit of all units.
- Coordinates and communicates relevant information with senior leadership, employees, related entities and partners.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
How to Apply:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent professional experience/education.
- A minimum of 15 years’ relevant corporate, government or military experience. Private industry security experience is required.
- Experienced people manager (minimum 5 years) and supervisor who leads with humility and integrity; conducts all aspects of professional and personal engagements with trust, respect and accountability.
- Expert knowledge of global security and geo-political trends.
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to lead transformational change across an organization.
- Exceptional communications and relationship building skills; effective at building trust and confidence.
- Demonstrated success advocating new and creative ideas, methods and approaches; integrating best practices, including incorporating diversity, equity and inclusion considerations into a global security program.
- Strong intellect with a balance of strategic thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Exhibits mature judgment, discretion, integrity, flexibility and collaboration.
- Ability to manage operational security teams in a complex, global organization
- Significant experience living and working in an international environment; cultural sensitivity is essential.
- Demonstrated awareness and exposure in the international security arena dealing with safety, security and risk related issues.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to undertake frequent international travel.