Director of Security Operations
Job Purpose: The Director of Security Operations, under general supervision is responsible for the protection of our team members, guests, animal collection and company assets. The position will focus on identifying vulnerabilities and will employ a strong strategic and analytical approach in evaluating, recommending, developing and implementing training and physical security requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for identifying security vulnerabilities and defining objectives in accordance with departmental goals relating to day-to-day operations, supported events and business units.
- Collaborates extensively with law enforcement, operations, fire, medical and contract vendors in the strategy, design, development and implementation of physical security initiatives.
- Achieve financial goals by establishing objectives; developing and monitoring budgets; controlling and reducing costs.
- Accomplishes department objectives by establishing action plans, timetables, and outcome measurements; obtaining and allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections as needed.
- Effectively manages third party vendors associated with supplemental security services by monitoring contractual obligations and maintaining vendor performance; develops training requirements for security personnel, responsible for implementation and adherence of all training programs by security personnel.
- Approach strategic decisions in a consultative manner with emphasis on innovation, communication and incorporation of current and future needs of the business. Define security programs that can be implemented in the short run and over the long term to accomplish these objectives - executing responsibilities in the best interest of stakeholders.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
- This position requires sound business acumen, independent judgment, technical expertise and functional mastery. The successful candidate will lead an innovative, security program and develop solutions to address unique and business-critical matters.
- Minimum 5-10 years in positions of increasing responsibility within the security field.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in managerial roles and developing and implementing departmental policies, procedures, and training programs.
- Capable of handling multiple, complex and paradoxical situations.
- A self-starter who is organized, intuitive and a collaborative problem-solver with the ability to be effective in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- A creative problem solver with a high level of initiative and a strong sense of personal accountability and consistent follow-through
- Ability to show or develop keen insight into, and appreciation for, new trends, and customer needs by using data to effectively address complex, unusual, and critical matters and opportunities.
- Ability to adapt to fast paced environments with changing circumstances, direction and strategy
Strong leadership and influence skills.
- Demonstrates resiliency and sound judgment in dealing with business and corporate challenges
- Ability to understand, interpret, analyze and develop consensus within an organizational climate of diverse operational activities.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Loss Prevention, Criminal Justice, Security Management, Risk Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Driving Requirements: Must have a valid GA driver’s license and good MVR. All employees that drive Zoo vehicles/carts/operates a Ride (train, carousel, etc) must consent to an MVR verification that is acceptable per Zoo Atlanta’s auto liability insurance carrier’s guidelines to perform this function).
Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.How to Apply: