Director, IT Security Operations
The Director of IT Security Operations Our is responsible for leading a team and liaising with the IT Infrastructure team to integrate security requirements into core infrastructure practices and define requirements for standard endpoint images minimum security configuration baselines, and mobile device security controls. The Director of IT Security Operations owns the overall operation SIEM technology, and its integration with security operations, and oversee the company’s threat intelligence platforms and response capabilities. The Director of IT Security Operations will enable collaborative partnerships with leadership to develop and maintain dynamic strategies for protecting WestRock from the latest threat actors and threat vectors. Qualifications:
This opportunity would allow you to apply your strong understanding of Security Incident & Event Monitoring (SIEM), security continuous monitoring and advanced malware identification experience with security operations tools (e.g., vulnerability scanners, intrusion detection & endpoint security) and forensic investigations. You will have the opportunity to strategize with business partners in a global organization with over 45,000 employees around security operations, incident response, and forensics capabilities.
Please see complete job description online.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) or in related field of study, including any of the following but not limited to: Information Systems, Network Engineering or Information Security.
- 10+ years of security-related IT experience with at least 4 years leading teams securing and monitoring environments, including any of the following but not limited to: Internet of Things (IOT) security, network administration, network security, server administration, system security, endpoint security, vulnerability, patch management, Microsoft Active Directory and programming.
- Understanding of SIEM, continuous monitoring and advanced malware identification
- Experience with security operations tools (e.g., vulnerability scanners, intrusion detection & endpoint security) and forensic investigations
- Network and system security expertise
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols, routing, VLAN, switching, etc.
- System and application vulnerability expertise.
- Network and system security architecture expertise.
- Cloud and emerging technology expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of key governance frameworks, including ISO 27001, NIST, COBIT and ITIL, Purdue Enterprise Referenced Architecture and ISA 62443.
- Extensive knowledge of key regulations and/or contractual obligations, including HIPAA, PCI, Sarbanes Oxley, GLBA and SOC/SSAE16 and CIP Standards.
- Certifications in related field, including any of the following but not limited to: Security +, Network +, CISSP, CCNA Security, CCIE, MCSE, MCITP, SANS GICSP and CISM.
- Professional proficiency with the MS suite of products (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio, Project)
- Being self-directed, fast-paced, collaborative, and results-oriented
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a global enterprise.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines at a fast pace.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional technical teams
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates strategic thinking in application of security technologies and interoperability
- Maintains awareness of external and internal threat landscape and emerging trends
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
Certifications in related field (including any of the following but not limited to): CBCP, Security +, Network +, CISSP, CCNA Security, CCIE, MCSE, MCITP, SANS GICSP, CISM.How to Apply: