Manager, Physical Security
Colorado Springs, CODescription:
Manager, Protective Security manages, plans, organizes and directs unit/team/area resources required for security operations. Oversees USAA physical security officers in the safety, and protection of persons and property from accidents and criminal activities. Assists in the planning for security operating budgets to ensure cost effective, efficient, and highly valued service. Assists in the planning of strategy for the identification and mitigation of physical security risks. Works under the general supervision of the Director Security Operations.
- Oversees the use of resources to ensure optimum efficiency and effective service delivery to meet enterprise and business goals.
- Identifies, makes recommendations, coordinates, communicates, and enforces policy and procedural changes related to physical security.
- Initiates investigations and inquiries into incidents of theft, vandalism, traffic accidents, and company policy violations, to include the preservation of evidence for subsequent investigative activity by Corporate Investigation of law enforcement.
- Assumes direct on the scene management of any major incident such as fire, accident, active shooter or serious offense until relieved by appropriate senior management.
Provides department briefings on all aspects of security operations.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of experience managing physical or security systems personnel and developing/interpreting security policy.
- Successful completion of First Aid, CPR, and expandable baton qualification within 6 months of hire date required.
- Must obtain a state security officer firearm license and meet all USAA requirements, to include a Fit for Duty evaluation, within 6 months of hire date.
- Possess valid state driver's license required.
- Experience conducting security risk assessments and incident investigations.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience communicating with different levels of leadership including senior executive leadership.
- Experience demonstrating exceptional leadership skills, providing effective coaching with subordinates, peers and leaders in an organization.
- Experience providing empathy in challenging situations.
- Experience demonstrating critical thinking and writing skills around incidents or other adverse events.
- Experience writing reports, following guidelines and standards with an eye towards the appropriate amount of information.
- Experience developing and maintaining professional relationships with key business executives, individual contributors, chain of command, and external first responders.
- Experience providing security in a large corporate and / or office environment.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
How to Apply: