Director, Global Security
Thermo Fisher ScientificLocation:
Director of Global Security coordinates security efforts across the organization and identifies and implements security initiatives and standards that will reduce risk and enable security monitoring and direction via a Global Security Operations Center, GSOC.
This leader contributes to design and layout of video systems, access control, intrusion detection and life safety systems. This position coordinates all global security responses by the development, implementation and oversight of policies and procedures designed to minimize the vulnerability of Thermo Fisher Scientific employees and physical assets from harm, loss and/or compromise resulting from dishonest, criminal and/or inappropriate acts. This goal is accomplished by providing reliable, responsive and effective services including, but not limited to, threat/risk assessment, investigations and physical security design subject matter expertise. The Director of Global Security serves as liaison with international security and intelligence groups to determine global risk to employees while at company facilities or conducting business travel.
- Review security guidelines and standards for all new construction, remodels and upgrades
- Actively participate in company’s proactive global response to “Workplace Violence Incidents”
- Provide security guidance and ground resources to ensure the safety of expat employees and business travel to high and very high risk countries
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree, Masters preferred
- 10+ years experience leading a global team
- Demonstrated ability for oversight of global security operations center
- Law enforcement or military experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to develop RFP with direct negotiation involvement
How to Apply:
- CPP (Certified Protection Professional)