Director of Safety and Security
Oregon Health AuthorityLocation:
What you will do!
The Director of Safety and Security oversees, plans, organizes, manages and controls activities of the Safety/Security department at the Oregon State Hospital (OSH) in order to provide a safe and secure environment. As the Safety/Security director, you are responsible for providing leadership direction, continuity and coordination between OSH, SAIF Corporation, Police Department, Fire Department, Emergency Response agencies, and other government agencies related to safety, security, and emergency management as needed. This position is part of the Finance and Operations structure, reporting directly to the CFO/COO and working through a team of subordinate supervisors to ensure robust safety and security for OSH’s patients, staff and property.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
** In the "Work History" section on your application, you must clearly describe your experience in each of the a), b), c), d) areas listed. Failure to provide this information may result in eliminating your application from further consideration. **
- Four years of management experience in a public or private organization which included responsibility for each of the following: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation.
- (Note: One year of experience may be substituted with 45-48 quarter hours (30-32 semester hours) of graduate level coursework in management.)
How to Apply:
- Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
- Advanced level degree in healthcare, occupational health, or emergency management and life safety.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Experience working with managers and employees to evaluate hazards and determine resolution to worksite safety, health hazards or concerns, emergency management, and health issues.
- Experience in Joint Commission regulatory considerations.
- Experience designing, implementing, and evaluating safety and health programs in a healthcare environment.
- Experience interpreting safety and health regulations.
Complete the online application URL:
Attach a Cover Letter addressing how you meet the qualifications listed in “What we are looking for.”
Attach a Resume