Area Security Manager
Amazon.com Services LLCLocation:
The Irvine, California-based Security Manager will join a team of security professionals who are responsible for managing Amazon’s Corporate Security programs across a growing portfolio in the Southwest United States. The role supports several cross functional teams in the arena of corporate security, as well as offers support to global team members as directed. The position will report to the Regional Security Manager for the Americas. This security professional will manage day-to-day security operations, large corporate special events, key customer engagements, budget, and all other security related challenges as directed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Managing a large guard force across multiple states throughout the region – as well as serving in support roles to the global team
- Identifying and managing emerging threats
- Assisting in conducting security risk assessments and surveys
- Maintaining situational awareness of the area of responsibility
- Managing access control processes and equipment
- Overseeing the deployment and quality of physical security
- Planning and staffing very large special events
- Security incident reporting and reviewing and conducting investigations
- Security budgeting and financial reviews
- Interface regularly with security vendors
Please see complete job description onlineQualifications:
How to Apply:
- Experienced in corporate security for a global company.
- Understanding of international relationship building and development of cross-functional/peer relationships.
- Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Security, Law Enforcement, Business Management, Accounting or equivalent education or experience
- CPP, PSP, CISSP or similar certification
- Strong working knowledge of physical security systems and components
- Experience in providing security oversight at high rise buildings or other office settings / equivalent
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills).
- Understanding of crisis operations, risk management, and crisis communication.
- Ability to manage tactical (daily) operations and participate in development of strategic program plans.
- Results-oriented person with strong delivery focus who can work independently and collaboratively with global teams.