Director Security Operations
We are actively seeking a Director, Security Operations to lead our Global Security Operations (SecOps) Team and Security Operations function across Deltek. You will have a deep and broad technology background, be a self-starter, highly motivated, curious and operate with little oversight to effectively identify threats, manage incident response and improve Deltek’s security posture. You’ll lead a team of global security Operations Analysts and be able to interface with technology and business units during incidents across Deltek’s Corporate and Customer Cloud environments.
The ability to drive and develop tactics for rapidly handling security threats such as malware outbreaks, zero-day vulnerabilities and other security incidents across a broad portfolio of products, services and business units is critical to this position. The nature of our business requires the SecOps Team to operate 24x7 in order to protect the business. This position also requires the ability to support FedRamp, ITAR, and related projects.
In addition, it is critical that the Director, Security Operations continuously stays up-to-date and evaluates security threats, evolving trends in technology, adversary tactics and applies technical knowledge and tools to defend and respond to incidents throughout our business and technology stacks. Our customers trust us to protect their data and services and this role is key to achieving that objective.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining SecOps documentation, including operating procedures, incident playbooks and an Enterprise Security Incident Response plan.
- Developing and directing our SecOps Team through tactical response procedures in order to prepare, detect, analyze, eradicate and recover cybersecurity incidents across Deltek.
Please see complete job description online
To be successful in this role, we’d love you to have the following:
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- Five years or more experience leading Incident Response in a global software or commercial organization with Cloud and SaaS products.
- Three or more years’ experience with a threat intelligence provider.
- Ability to lead a technology-focused and driven SecOps team, to balance and prioritize multiple incidents across a fast-paced, growth-oriented global environment and to manage the team’s coverage and growth.
- Proven ability to rapidly distill complex technical security threats and incident information to be able to communicate business-impacting risk to non-technical audiences.
- Strong ability to implement incident response processes and strategies across a global organization in a timely manner.
- Experience leading a team responsible for threat hunting, identifying control gaps, and managing multiple high priority in-flight incidents simultaneously.
- Knowledge and ability to apply the cyber kill chain and adversary tactics to a company’s environments in order to develop strategies to maximize detection and resilience through SecOps Team effectiveness.
- Experience with incident response in the context of NIST 800-171, NIST CSF and FedRamp Moderate frameworks, along with an understanding of global regulatory data protection regulations, such as GDPR, in the context of incident response.
- Deep technology experience across corporate and product technology environments and Cloud, including AWS and Azure.
- Demonstrated success in delivering analysis and technology via a creative approach with the mindset of an adversary.
- Strong critical thinking, time management, and communication skills.
- Traits include: Curiosity, persistence, relentless, leadership, always play-to-win.