Chief Security Officer
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Corporate Administration & Chief HR Officer, this position is responsible for directing and overseeing all AVANGRID Networks, Renewables and ENSTOR assets and affiliates Digital and Physical Security activities.
This critical role and member of the extended Management Committee has enterprise-level responsibility for all information, physical security policies, standards, assessments, and corporate awareness. The CSO will oversee and coordinate security efforts across the company and will identify security initiatives and standards. Responsible for a staff of over 90 (internal and external resources) and budgetary responsibilities in excess of $15 million.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
- Executive Management: This position has enterprise level management responsibility for multiple layers of geographically dispersed staff. The candidate must act as a trusted advisor with business unit leaders, government officials and professional organizations. They must cultivate relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies and regulatory bodies. The candidate must be able to succinctly communicate technical issue to non-technical audiences.
- Provide strategic oversight over Security processes and systems to ensure they meet requirements and are aligned to strategic imperatives. Deliver a disciplined and strategic methodology to drive continuous improvement. Lead the development, communication and implementation of effective corporate security strategies and processes, including leveraging shared activities across teams.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
Education & Experience Required -
- Bachelors Degree required with Masters Degree preferred with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience preferred.
- Understanding of developing and emerging technology risks and threats required
- Prior management/leadership experience in matrixed organizations
- Working knowledge of the regulatory environment for utility companies within United States
How to Apply:
- Strategic orientation with ability to act tactically, as required
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Highly developed ability to resolve complex problems and negotiate successful outcomes
- Ability to build effective relationships for key stakeholders locally and globally
- Proven skills succeeding in a matrix-management environment
- Global perspective multi-cultural understanding and approach
- Strong negotiator/facilitator and consensus builder
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Change agent
- High integrity and emotional maturity
- Must have the ability to obtain a US Department of Homeland Security Secret or higher clearance level