Senior Security Analyst – IT Risk Management
Genuine Parts Company (GPC)Location:
The IT risk manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining Genuine Parts Company’s overall IT risk management program, which is designed to ensure that the company’s IT systems and information assets are adequately protected. The individual in this position is responsible for identifying, evaluating and reporting on information security risks in a manner that meets Genuine Parts regulatory and other compliance requirements. The IT risk manager works proactively with the various business units and other internal departments and organizations to implement practices that meet Genuine Parts Company’s defined policies and standards for information risk management.Qualifications:
The risk manager is the "process owner" for all of Genuine Parts Company’s IT-related risk assessment and identification activities, for the company’s IT systems and information assets and for its IT-dependent strategic business objectives. A crucial element of the risk manager’s role is working with senior executives, line-of-business managers and other key decision makers to determine acceptable levels of residual risk for the company as a whole and for various internal departments and organizations. The risk manager must possess in-depth knowledge of Genuine Parts Company’s business environment, to ensure that the company’s IT systems are appropriately protected and fully functional.
The ideal candidate for this position is a proven thought leader, problem solver and integrator of people and processes, as well as an effective internal consultant. The risk manager must also possess solid domain competencies in a number of IT-risk-related disciplines, including security, business continuity management, business continuity management, privacy and compliance.
Please see complete job description online.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT risk management, operational risk management, or similar role
- Knowledge of FAIR, internal controls, financial/banking regulations and risk assessment and mitigation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven track record of building effective working relationships with internal and external business partners and senior leaders
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities to meet customer expectations
- Willing to share knowledge and assist others in understanding technical and business topics
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours as required which can include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Preferred certification: CISSP, CISA or equivalent.
Preferred Skills & Capabilities:
How to Apply:
- Self-motivated, self-directed and shows attention to detail while working
- Works ethically and with integrity supporting organizational goals and values
- Displays commitment to excellence
- Completes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit and treats others with respect
- Maintains confidentiality of information and uses information appropriately
- Exhibits sound judgment when making decisions and recommendations
- Fosters collaboration toward a common vision and shared goals
Note – There may be occasions where travel is needed. This would not exceed more than 10%.