Director, Event Security
Daytona Beach, FLDescription:
This person is tasked with managing security for all NASCAR competition events as well as banquets, media blitz, Champions Week, summits, etc. This person must have the ability to collaborate with many internal departments and liaison with all levels of public safety agencies, competitors, sponsors and media.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Direct the collection of information, intelligence, observations, analysis, and lessons learned from previous events and all logical sources to refine NASCAR Security Standards, ensuring that these refinements are communicated and adopted by all the facilities.
- Development and implementation of security, employee security education, crisis/risk management and business continuity/disaster recovery programs.
- Development and dissemination of security policies and procedures.
- Develop liaison capabilities that facilitate close coordination with local, state, and federal law enforcement, public safety agencies, security officials in related entities and groups or organizations that will further NASCAR security objectives. Ensure strong local community relations on security issues.
- Interpret common security, technical, tactical, and scientific information in order to provide appropriate direction to subordinates.
- Prepare written reports and other documentation, plans and budgets.
- Prepare, review and disseminate security information to NASCAR departments, offices, and tracks.
- Development and implementation of a program to protect all corporate physical, personnel, and informational assets.
Please see complete job description online.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years’ experience in law enforcement or corporate security management.
- Must have experience in physical security, law enforcement or related field, sufficient to meet the minimum requirements for state and local licensing.
- Meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications. Must qualify under federal HR 218 (Law Enforcement Safety Act).
- Experience publishing written reports and publishing travel advisories.
- Ability to travel up to 75%, including weekends