Responsible for planning, implementing, administering, supervising, and assuming responsibility for security operations within multiple CHRISTUS Health facilities. Responsible for developing, managing and leading a team of security managers and supervisors in accordance with CHRISTUS Health Security Department policies and procedures. Reports to the VP of Security CHRISTUS Health.
- Leads, manages, and supervises assigned Armed Security Managers and Armed Security Supervisors of multiple CHRISTUS Health Security Departments.
- Reports to VP of Security on a weekly basis.
- Prepares work schedule and schedules time off in accordance with departmental and hospital policy; assures appropriate work coverage.
- Reviews time sheets for accuracy and turns in to payroll on a timely basis. Verifies time sheets, justifies overtime, and approves time sheets.
- Conducts employee performance appraisals in accordance with CHRISTUS Health policies and procedures in a timely manner ensuring fairness.
- Counsels employees and recommends disciplinary action if need arises.
- Conducts departmental staff meetings.
- Tracks employee performance in areas of patrol/enforcement/report writing, customer service functions, and directs improvement as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all CHRISTUS Health Security policies and procedures.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
How to Apply:
- Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement/Security Management or related field.
- Must be a Level 3 Security Officer (Texas and New Mexico) prior to hire or appointment.
- Must be a Licensed Security Officer (Louisiana) prior to hire or appointment.
- Five years of supervisory experience in law enforcement and/or security with management experience in a healthcare setting.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of applicable state laws.
- Must have participated in Emergency Operations Center (EOC) activities for an actual large scale emergency or large scale emergency drill.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess professional certification of CHPA/CPP.
- Successful completion of all pre-employment and post offer assessments to include the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory -2 (MMPI-2-RF-PCIR); the California Psychological Inventory (CPI); the Police and Public Safety Selection Report (PPSSR); the Personal Experience Inventory (PEI) and a clinical interview by a third personal psychologist.
- Must have/maintain valid driver's license.
- Required to take random drug test screening.