Associate Director, Corporate Security
We are seeking an Associate Director of Corporate Security; this position will oversee all of Novavax's security operations in Gaithersburg, MD to include the protection of its personnel, information, and property. Position will handle security operations, emergency response activities, and department needs. You will work closely with the Head of Facilities and Engineering along with Head of IT in the development and implementation of state-of-the-art security systems and practices for all Novavax facilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee access control process for employees, visitors, and vendors.
- Supervise contract security services.
- Ensure all staff are properly trained in fire life safety and evacuation procedures.
- Maintain positive relationships and coordinate with law enforcement and the U.S. government to develop and implement security plans for facility and key assets. Act as chief liaison with these groups to maintain a line of sight to emerging potential security issues.
- Exercise direct oversight of all security operations and security disciplines for workplace security, emergency management and business continuity planning, counterintelligence and insider risk.
- Will provide leadership and project management for vulnerability assessments, investigations, travel security and crisis management.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
How to Apply:
- Minimum 15 years' security management experience with increasing management responsibility including security and crisis management relevant security leadership experience ideally with federal law enforcement (US State Department, FBI, etc.), intelligence community, military, or private sector corporate security organizations.
- Bachelor's degree required with a Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated success in identifying and using external partners to improve efficiency. Must have an extensive global network of high-level security contacts.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationship with internal business groups and security service.
- IT literacy, including but not limited to social media platforms, Microsoft Office suite and web browsing tools/methods.
- Strong knowledge in CCTV operations, access control, and visitor management systems.
- A problem solving/analytical approach that demonstrates the ability to gather critical information and stay ahead of current trends.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, handle, and motivate others.
- Outstanding crisis management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong command of safety and security protocol.
- Must have the ability to provide day-to-day leadership to all aspects of safety and security.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership skills in program management, collaborating with others, as excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- All candidates must be able to travel domestically and internationally (requiring a current and valid passport and driver's license).
- Fluency in additional languages to English.
- Ability to sell ideas persuasively; settles differences and wins concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful while remaining diplomatic.
- Have excellent knowledge of global political issues.