Dir Safety and Security - Safety & Security
Gwinnett County Public SchoolsLocation:
Northbrook Admin OfficesDescription:
Primary Responsibilities: Direct the activities and processes associated with Department of Safety and Security and plan, establish, and enforce safety and security procedures for Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS).
- Study federal and state security regulations and restrictions relative to school and school district operations
- Direct the activities of safety and security personnel in developing school district security measures which comply with federal and state regulations.
a. Create emergency crisis plans for the school system that is approved by the Georgia Emergency Management Agency.
b. Oversee security checks of schools to ensure that schools are in compliance with safety procedures.
c. Assume primary responsibility in maintaining a safe and secure learning environment for staff, faculty, and students.
- Consult with local, district, or other federal representatives for interpretation or application of particular regulations applying to school and school district operations.
- Direct and coordinate activities of personnel in revising or updating security measures due to new or revised regulations.
- Plan and implement appropriate emergency and safety procedures for schools and the school district.
a. Work with County and State Emergency Operations Center agencies to ensure the school system's emergency preparedness and response capabilities.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
License and Certification Qualifications: Must hold or be eligible for a valid Georgia Educator's Certificate in Educational Leadership and/or Support Personnel License issued by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.) certification required. Law Enforcement Chief Executive training certificate preferred.How to Apply:
Education Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in related field required. Master's degree in related field preferred.
Experience Qualifications: Ten years related experience required. Five years of command level experience in modern law enforcement with progressive responsibility in a variety of police functions, including supervisory experience, graduate of FBI National Academy or related senior police management program, Georgia certification, or ability to be certified, as a law enforcement officer by Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council within a year preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the school system community and the general public; ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables; ability to interact and communicate with public safety officials and organizations; knowledge of school safety, emergency management, and emergency preparation; ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously; demonstrated knowledge and skills with computer software, particularly Microsoft Office; ability to analyze existing processes and identify areas for improvement; and ability to act as a representative of Gwinnett County Public Schools.