Director, Global Security
Boise, United StatesDescription:
As the Director of Global Security, you will be responsible for the development, implementation and day-to-day operations of Micron’s global physical and personnel security risk management strategy and associated programs and will serve as the focal point for this function across the organization. You will lead a global team of security professionals and will run an enterprise-wide program to safeguard the company’s critical assets – employees, facilities, operations and reputation – across the world. Additionally, you will work closely with the information security organization to ensure a coordinated and effective approach to intellectual property protection and will report to the Vice President, Chief Security Officer.
Micron is a global Fortune 500 company with over 35,000 team members, including major manufacturing operations in the United States and Asia, and design, sales, and support operations at sites around the globe.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop and execute a strategy for the global security function in line with Micron’s footprint, risk exposure, risk tolerance, organizational requirements and business priorities as well as preferred practices, industry standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- Direct global security programs through the development and oversight of a governance framework and maintain coordination with key partners to ensure global program compliance and consistent application.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
Key Skills and Proficiencies:
- Private sector corporate security experience is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, criminal justice, or related fields.
- MBA degree preferred.
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) preferred.
How to Apply:
- Seasoned corporate security professional with at least 10 years in leadership roles.
- Familiarity with security laws and regulations in a variety of domestic and international jurisdictions.
- Prior experience in security policy development, compliance activities and project management.
- Experience in the semiconductor industry or other equivalent manufacturing or high-tech environment.
- Experience mentoring, developing, training, and directing security teams.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other Micron groups, teams and key partners globally to implement security programs, practices and procedures across the organization.
- Adaptability to Micron’s culture, pace of operations and requirements.
- Willingness to be on call 24/7 to respond to company-related security incidents and to travel domestically and internationally as needed.