Director, Security Safety
Olympia Fields, ILDescription:
A hospital is a busy place. There are people coming and going at all hours of the day and night. Keeping our patients, visitors and staff safe and secure is one of our top priorities. We need people who can both learn and enforce our procedures and guidelines. People who can diligently monitor areas and consistently provide security. People who can manage and provide leadership to our Security Department.
Are you able to quickly respond to emergency needs? Do you love variety in your job? Can you monitor, respond to, and document situations? We have a position that needs your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Prepare and create safety and security reports and provide information to interdepartmental teams, committees, and meetings to assist in decision-making.
- Oversee the reporting and investigation of criminal activities or incidents that involve property loss or damage and patient, personnel or visitor injury.
- Assist in the routine and regular inspections of all Franciscan Alliance areas in order to ensure compliance with applicable safety regulations.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the safety management program of Franciscan Alliance to ensure programs meet all regulations and laws, and to ensure the safety of staff, patients and visitors.
- Develop, implement, monitor and revise safety policies, procedures, and programs to ensure the safety of Franciscan Alliance and compliance with safety laws and regulations.
- Prepare, implement, and monitor department strategic plan, goals and performance targets, to create goals, which support the organization in achieving its strategic plan.
Please see complete job description online.Qualifications:
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Prior Safety & Security Management and/or Safety, Regulatory and Compliance experience.
- Manage conflict and tactfully handle complaints and difficult situations.
- Prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Knowledge of Emergency Response and Preparedness.
- Develop financial plans, policies, and procedures.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, or policies impacting the Healthcare industry.
- Deliver presentations and public speaking engagements.
- Develop effective relationships with patients, hospital departments, and other external parties.
- Supervisory and team leadership skills, including coaching, engaging and developing employees.
- Coordinate teams and delegate work.
- Time management.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
5-10 Years ExperienceHow to Apply: