Physical Security GSOC Manager
Newtown Square, PADescription:
The Global Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager will be responsible for managing the delivery of operations by the SOC Operators within GPS control rooms across the SAP footprint. They will report to the GPS Area Manager – Physical Security, and they will use operational best practices to ensure the physical safety and security of our people, buildings, and assets.
They will manage, direct and escalate where necessary, all responses by their shift teams to any security incidents; such as the triggering of alarms, intrusion detection, requests for site access and liaison with emergency services. They will engage with people across the business that require security related support and follow up with inquiries where necessary. They will also analyse, assess and triage reports as appropriate.
The GSOC Manager may be required to offer direction and assistance to our employees, partners, and contractors in times of need. It is important they maintain a broad understanding of geography, current affairs and current physical security related trends. They will be expected to ensure shift operators have adequate training and knowledge within this area and to follow up on any gap-training requirements.Qualifications:
This will be the “crown jewel” of our physical security operations across the globe: the ideal candidate will have prior experience of managing a similar international control room or SOC. It is essential that they have an ability to maintain good relationships, a good team ethic, able to lead, and to exceed expectations. This is a 24/7/365 operation and they will be expected to operate with limited or no supervision and have familiarity with some of the technical principles associated with a modern SOC. A curious and inquisitive outlook is essential; and they must have an innate desire for continuous self-development, and of others, and demonstrable leadership in times of crisis.
Please see complete job description online.
How to Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 6 years’ experience of working in (including 3 in managing) a security environment similar to that of an international control room or SOC.
- High proficiency in using IT applications and evidence of data entry and retrieval, keyboard skills, to a speed of at least 25wpm with at least 75% accuracy.
- A good understanding of video, access and guard management systems.
- Familiarity with Genetec, C-Cure, Trackforce or similar integrated systems is highly desirable; demonstration of use of other systems is a must.
- Experience in security analysis, problem solving, handling preliminary inquiries, incident assessment and triaging reports.
- Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports, independent of direction, where necessary.
- Demonstrable knowledge of technical elements associated with security systems such as IP networks, servers, LAN/WAN.
- Knowledge and practice of data protection policies, such as GDPR, and the need to keep sensitive information secure.
- Ability to lead a team, remain calm under pressure, and respond to incidents; particularly in emergencies, in a professional, resilient and timely manner, with minimal supervision where appropriate.
- Ability to pass background verification.
- Comprehensive English language, written and spoken; any second languages are highly desirable.
- CPP Certification desirable.
- Evidence of continuous professional development (CPD)