U.S. Agency for Global Media
Federal Employees - Competitive Service
Current or former competitive service federal employees
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manages security operations for USAGM, to include headquarters located in Washington, D.C., subsidiary locations in New York, New York; Miami, Florida; and a growing number of facilities located both within the continental United States and abroad; is responsible for the following specific tasks:
- Develops the Agency's personnel and physical security programs.
- Serves as an advisor to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief management Officer, and all senior leaders on all security matters.
- Interprets Executive Orders (E.O.), Federal standards, Federal Code, and regulation to implement and/or adjust existing security plans and policies in response to national and international issues as they arise.
- Exercises overall management and responsibility of adjudications.
- Works in a highly diverse Agency comprised of numerous employees and contractors from foreign countries and different cultures, including from areas hostile to the U.S.
Directly supervises Security Office Division Chiefs; through Division Chiefs, supervises Personnel and Physical Security Specialists.
Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility comparable to the GS-14 or comparable pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized Experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience required for this position includes the following:
- Experience researching, developing, and applying security directives and regulations;
- Experience identifying a range of security issues and threats in a complex environment;
- Experience providing leadership and direction in managing and overseeing a diverse workforce of professional and support staff performing security operations, security risk assessments, and other related programs assigned to the Office of Security.
Applicant cannot substitute education for experience.
How to Apply: