Vice President, Chief - Department of Safety & Security
Rochester Regional Health
Rochester, New York
The Vice President, Chief Department of Safety and Security is responsible for overseeing all aspects of physical security throughout Rochester Regional Health System as well as emergency preparedness, parking, courier and fleet service.
Setting the overall strategy for the armed and unarmed security and emergency management teams and ensuring effective implementation system-wide to include:
- Designing and developing the infrastructure to support security operations throughout RRH.
- Establishing and managing a centralized budget for all security initiatives.
- Developing the policies and standards in alignment with IAHSS, DNV and related frameworks.
- Development of DIV28 building standards to embed security measures into future facility renovation or construction projects.
- Awareness of security design principles to include CPTED.
Developing the necessary organizational structure to empower daily operations without direct involvement. Overseeing the hiring, training, and retention of security officers. Ensuring all security officers maintain competence in order to effectively complete their job duties. Oversee the development and implementation of quarterly training for all armed officers including maintaining awareness of industry best practice regarding implementation of firearms and tactics, lesson plan and exercise development as well as live firearms training and qualification testing.
Please see complete job description online.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license required.
- Valid NYS Pistol permit required.
- Valid NYS Armed Guard Certification and/or a NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services
- Waiver granted per eligibility criteria required.
- Evidence of course completion for FEMA 100, 200, 700, 800 required.
- Eight (8) years of security or law enforcement supervisory experience required.
- Must obtain CPR and first aid training certification cards within 90 days of employment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior Military Police or Law Enforcement experience preferred.
- Prior Health Care Security experience preferred.
- International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety Certified Healthcare
- Protection Administrator (CHPA) preferred.
- Completion of FEMA Center for Domestic Preparedness Hospital Emergency Response
- Training for Mass Casualty Incidents (HERT-902) preferred.
Please see complete list of Attributes online.
How to Apply: